WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED?
A cookie is a small text file that websites save on your computer or mobile device while you are browsing them.
It consists in a series of text strings sent by a web server to the user’s internet browser, the user’s internet browser automatically stores the text strings on the user’s computer or mobile device and sends them back to the server whenever necessary or whenever the user logs into the website again.
COOKIE TYPES AND THEIR FUNCTION
Cookies are categorised as follows:
- “SESSION” COOKIES
These cookies are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device for technical and functional purposes (for example, to transmit the necessary session identifiers to ensure safe and efficient browsing on the website) and are deleted at the end of the session, when the browser is closed.
- “PERSISTENT” COOKIES
These cookies remain stored on the hard drive of the user’s computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted by the user; they carry out a series of user-friendly functions (for example, they remember the user’s language preference, or allow items to be stored in an on-line trolley, etc.). Thanks to persistent cookies, visitors to the website (or other users using the same computer or device) are automatically recognised at every visit.
- “FIRST-PARTY” OR “THIRD-PARTY” COOKIES
The two types of cookies described above (session and persistent) can be:
- “FIRST-PARTY” when they are managed directly by the owner and/or manager of the website, or
- “THIRD-PARTY” when they are set up and managed by anybody other than the website visited by the user. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of whoever created and manages them and are divided into the following macro-categories:
- Analytics. These cookies are used to gather and analyse statistical information about logins/visits to the website. In some cases, these cookies are associated with other information, such as login credentials for restricted areas (for example, the user’s email address and password), to build a user profile (personal habits, sites that have been visited, content that has been downloaded, the types of interactions the user has had, etc.)
- Widgets. This category includes all those graphic components that make up the user interface of a program, with the aim of helping the user interact with the program itself (for example, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc. are all widget cookies).
- Advertising. The cookies used to advertise on websites.
MANAGING, BLOCKING AND DELETING COOKIES
The way cookies function and the options to restrict or block them can be managed by changing the settings of your Internet browser.
Please visit the website in English, www.aboutcookies.org for further information how to manage/delete cookies depending on the type of browser used.
To delete cookies from the Internet browser of your smart phone/tablet, please refer to the instruction manual of the device.
LIST OF COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE CGACARPENTERIA.COM
Below is a list of the cookies used on the website:
Detailed privacy statement
|privacycookie||1 year||Persistent||First-party||Generated to save cookies use acceptance by the user|
|qtrans_cookie_test||1 day||Persistent||First-party||Saves the current language|
|_ga||2 years||Session||Third-party (Google Analytics)||Used by Google Analytics to collect information regarding the use of our site by visitors, information that helps us to improve our visitors' browsing experience. These cookies trace information anonymously and include data regarding the number of visitors to the site, where they are from, how long they spend on the site and which pages they visit.||Google Analytics|